Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Entertaining with Style: learn five napkin folds by video

s-NAPKIN-FOLDING-large640stylist_thumb[3]via stylelist.com

Hello everyone, the other day I stumbled on some quick, little videos that teach you how to fold napkins –-five different folds--and I immediately thought of all of you.

Are you planning a dinner party anytime soon? Maybe something special for Mother’s Day or Easter? If you’re using cloth napkins, this is the post for you.

towel-folding_thumb[3]stumbleupon.com

The napkin in the photo above is called The Standing Fan. If you want to know how to fold this one, you have to click HERE.

Otherwise, click HERE to watch the videos and learn how to fold The Slide, The Mountain, The French Fold, The Pyramid, and The Crown.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Fotolia_10937605_Subscription_L_thumb[3]

googleimages

The Pyramid Fold: This one brings back memories. When I was waiting tables in college, this was the napkin fold I always had to do at the end of my restaurant shift. Very easy to do, especially when you’re sipping on a cold beer. This standing pyramid can be mastered in just four simple steps.

iStock_000004165483XSmall_thumb[5]via googleimages

The Crown Fold: How about all these pretty crowns lined up at someone’s birthday dinner? What an easy way to add that extra ‘wow’ factor. Only, I need to watch the video for this one.

Copy-of-IMG_7627_thumb2

Also, did you know there’s an easy way to fold a napkin so that it looks like a rose? Here’s one of my favorites. I think this would be pretty at a Mother’s Day lunch or a even a small garden party, don’t you? The Stone Gable is a gorgeous blog with all kinds of recipes and ideas for setting your tables and you should definitely check it out. Click here for the Rosette Napkin Instructions.

6f8774fc6bdabda8_bunnynapkin_thumb2

And of course, with Easter on the horizon, don’t forget to check out this cute Bunny Napkin Fold and see some pretty ideas for your Easter table by clicking HERE.


Thanks for stopping by…and if you liked this post, Don’t forget to become a “follower”

of gwen moss blog!

Bye for now,

Les

4 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

I've always wanted to know how to do that. Those fancy napkins really dress up a table. So nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower. I shall be sure to do the same before I leave.

Julie Gatherum-McGuire said...

Beautiful post! I really think I'm going to attempt the rabbit for Easter as it may entice me to bring out the china! Thank you for sharing your talents! I'm your latest follower!

Julie

mary d said...

Great ideas for dinner parties- or lunch! The bunny is so cute- I'm going to try that.

Janet said...

Great ideas...I can hardly wait to try some of them:))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...